The Fast Metabolism Diet
The Fast Metabolism Diet
Your metabolism is your body’s ability to burn fat and calories, and no matter how you approach it, you can make considerable improvements to your metabolism by eating the right foods.
Today, I’m outlining my best metabolism-boosting diet plan. By making the right choices and substituting a few favorites, you can enhance your fat burning potential quickly, easily, and affordably!
Want to Boost Your Metabolism? Here’s How…
My fast metabolism diet plan isn’t a detailed, day-by-day meal plan that leaves you eating the same foods day in and day out. Strict plans like that don’t always work for everyone, and sometimes a little flexibility is just what you need to see your goals through.
Let’s start with 3 basic rules:
1. Eat 6 Meals a Day – Eating smaller meals on a more frequent basis is the easiest way to keep your metabolism boosted throughout the day. If you wait too long between meals, your metabolism actually starts to slow down. You’ve just got to make sure you’re eating the right foods.
2. Think about Nutrition, Not Calories – My fast metabolism diet doesn’t rely on calorie counting. In fact, I want you to stop that habit today. Because you want to keep your metabolism boosted all day long, restricting calories isn’t necessarily going to help. Instead, watch your nutrition labels and avoid foods with trans and saturated fats, high sugar content, or bleached and processed carbs. Generally speaking, you should be focusing on whole foods that are rich in vitamins and minerals.
3. Supplement with Omega-3s – Omega-3 fatty acids, like those found in fish, nuts, and avocados, have been shown in a number of studies to speed up your metabolism in a big way. Although you should also be eating more foods high in omega-3s, supplementing daily with a product like Optimum Fish Oil Softgels will ensure more consistent results.
Now, I want you to clean out your cupboards and do a little grocery shopping. I’ve compiled a list of foods that are particularly effective at boosting your metabolism. For more details on what to keep and what to toss, take a look at my Master Cleanse here.
Foods for a Fast Metabolism:
- Lean proteins (chicken, fish, lean beef, shrimp)
- Nuts ( almonds and pistachios)
- Egg whites
- Whey or pea protein (check out the Best Protein Powders here)
- Whole grains / organic sprouted grains
- Steel cut oats
- Chia seeds
- Sweet potatoes / yams
- Leafy greens (spinach, red leaf lettuce, arugula)
- Almond milk
- Extra virgin coconut oil
- Spices (cinnamon, cayenne pepper, chili powder)
- Tea (green tea, chai tea, black tea)
- Water – simple but proven!
Generally speaking, you want to be looking for foods high in protein, fiber, complex carbs, and vitamins and minerals. All of these ingredients will keep your metabolism boosted for longer, which means more fat and calories burned AND fewer cravings!
But Don’t Neglect Your Workouts…
A good diet is definitely half the battle when it comes to burning fat and losing weight. But I’s not everything! A solid exercise and workout plan is equally important.
To make sure you’re staying active and building lean muscle mass to burn even more fat, try my Intermediate Workout for Fat Loss here. It will help you shed the extra weight and get you in amazing shape!
Photo Credit: Weight Loss & Training